Services to Individuals
Click to register as an individual member.
LEARNING: Jewish study and ritual
- Women’s League Institutes: held in four regions, college-level courses taught by graduates/instructors of the Jewish Theological Seminary and Ziegler Institute
- The Hiddur Mitzvah Project: enhance the observance of mitzvot with family projects, study materials, and inspirational words
- Kolot BiK’dushah: a cadre of women qualified to read Torah and/or lead services. Members are approved by their rabbis/cantors.
- Gemilut Hasadim Pocket Cards that describe acts of loving kindness that anyone can perform.
- New Hebrew Word Guide: translations, transliterations, and usage of most used Hebrew words and phrases
- Count Your Blessings: popular blessings in Hebrew, translation and transliteration
LIVING: Crafts, books, celebrations
- Leadership Institutes: semi-annual three-day, intensive personal development conferences
- Creative Judaic Arts projects: Members of Women’s League have been designing beautiful projects that fulfill the mitzvah of hiddur mitzvah (enhancing the observance of mitzvot) for many years. Each year the CJA committee adds new projects to the archive
- BookMarks: a semi-annual publication listing new books of interest, interviews with authors. For individuals and book groups
- Annual Calendar/Diary: Pocket sized calendar with Shabbat and holiday listings, candle lighting times in cities in the United States, Canada and Israel, prayers and blessings, locations of sisterhoods in North America and congregations in Israel
LINKING: Connecting woman to woman and to the Conservative Movement
- WLCJNet: an online listserve that has become a virtual sisterhood of hundreds of women around the world
- Distance Workshops: conference call and webinar format on budgeting, book clubs, programming, public advocacy, image building, keruv (outreach)
- Virtual Rosh Chodesh: only on-line rosh chodesh group
- CJ: Voices of Conservative/Masorti Judaism: quarterly magazine of the Conservative movement
- Torah Fund Campaign: Supports the preeminent institutions of Jewish learning in the Conservative movement: the Jewish Theological Seminary (NYC), Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies (LA), and Schechter Institute (Jerusalem)
SHARING: Social Action/Public Policy/World Affairs/Israel
- BaOlam: world affairs and public policy blog
- Women’s League Resolutions on world affairs, public policy and Israel
- Missions to Israel
- Annual Days of Study in conjunction with the Masorti movement and Schechter Institute in Jerusalem
- Special relationships with Masorti congregations
News & Events
Women’s League Institute Siyyum
Join us on Monday, June 3, 2013, from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm,
at the Jewish Theological Seminary.
Study Session I (11:00 am- 12:20 pm): Chancellor Arnold Eisen
Lunch: 12:30 - 1:35 (Cost of lunch: $20 per person)
Study Session II (1:45 - 3:00 pm) Dr. Maud Kozodozy, (JTS, NYU) Between Torah and Maddah: Jews and Medicine in the Middle Ages.
RSVP to Lorraine Braun, 212-870-1260 Ext. 7166 or email@example.com click here
Convention 2012 Proceedings Now Available
14th National Masorti Women’s Study Day in Jerusalem
Women’s League for Conservative Judaism, Schechter Institute and the Masorti movement present the 14th National Masorti Women’s Study Day in Jerusalem to any members of Women's League who will be in Israel on June 21. click here
Come to Israel with Women's League
October 21 to November 3, 2013 - this is a trip you do not want to miss! Click below for more information. click here
Women's League joins with the leadership of Conservative Judaism in the United States in expressing a need for more effective gun control. We also ask for your signature on a petition issued by the JCPA expressing our community’s pain and resolve to enact comprehensive reform, including meaningful legislation to limit access to assault weapons and ensure access to quality mental health care for all who need it. click here