Announcing the Mercaz/Women's League Essay Contest
In their ongoing efforts to link the Jews of the Diaspora to the people and land of Israel, MERCAZ USA, MERCAZ Canada, and Women’s League announce the opening of their biennial essay contest for teenagers. The winners receive scholarships for movement-sponsored trips and study programs in Israel.
The contest will celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Theodor Herzl, the founder of modern Zionism.
Five scholarships ranging from $250 to $1,000.
- Applicants must be 14 - 19 years of age
- Applicants must be members of Conservative congregations
- Scholarships will apply to any Conservative movement-sponsored Israel programs (taking place from June 1, 2010)
(This year’s MERCAZ-Women’s League essay contest has been moved earlier in the year to facilitate students planning 2010 summer travel to Israel.)
- March 1, 2010: Deadline for entries
- December 10-15, 2010: Announcement of winners at the Women’s League convention (Winners planning Israel travel prior to December 2010 will be notified privately by May 1st)
For information, contact MERCAZ-USA (212.533.2061) or MERCAZ-CANADA (416.667.1717)