A Full Array of Programs and Events
The education of its members has been a guiding principle of Women’s League since its founding in 1918. Over the decades it has helped women to strengthen their Jewish identity, understand their heritage, develop a Jewish pattern of life, enhance their home observances and holiday celebrations, and study from Jewish sources.
In addition, Women’s League provides a wide variety of programs to enhance members’ leadership abilities, encourage synagogue skills, and enrich Judaic crafts.
The following are just a sampling of the varied programs that Women’s League provides its sisterhoods and individual members.
- Jewels in the Crown Awards – Sisterhoods who met the criteria of a wide range of activities — those developed and sponsored by Women’s League as well as home-grown programs and initiatives — have been acknowledged as the glittering jewels in the Women’s League crown.
- Creative Judaic Arts – original patterns, projects and designs for a wide variety of crafts
- Seasonal materials to enhance holiday and home celebrations
- BookMarks – Semi-annual newsletter with author and reading lists
- Women’s League Shabbat – Each year, affiliated sisterhoods celebrate the 1918 founding of Women’s League by Mathilde Schechter with a special Shabbat service. Women’s League provides readings, divrei Torah, and suggestions to help create a meaningful commemoration and Shabbat experience.
Materials, action alerts, updates are all available in these areas, as well: