Camp David Process
Camp David Process (1982)
Women’s League believes that the Camp David Process is a sound basis for the ultimate goal of peace between Israel and her Arab neighbors. The return of the Sinai by Israel, at great sacrifice, has clearly established her integrity and genuine commitment to peace and to the Camp David Accords.
Women’s League for Conservative Judaism urges that:
- The United States resist efforts by other nations to derail or replace the Camp David Process;
- The momentum of the peace process must be vigorously pursued by all the parties;
- The creation of a second sovereign Palestinian State in Judea and Samaria, in addition to Jordan, be vigorously opposed;
- Jews have a right to live in Judea and Samaria; and Israel has the legal right to establish and maintain settlements there that are essential to Israel’s security;
- Israel not be pressed to accept Arab demands as a pre-condition for participation of Palestinian Arabs in negotiating the autonomy agreement.