The profound changes in our society over the past decade have sent shockwaves throughout the volunteer world. Women’s League for Conservative Judaism, the largest Synagogue-affiliated women’s volunteer organization in the world, reaffirms voluntarism as the hallmark of a democratic society, contributing dynamically to the perpetuation of Judaism and human welfare.
We resolve, therefore, to:
- Heighten the image of the volunteer;
- Enhance the relationship of volunteer and staff personnel;
- Support tax benefits for volunteer service;
- Encourage the business and academic sectors to recognize volunteer experience as a valid qualification.
- Encourage stimulating and challenging volunteer participation in all Women’s League and Synagogue activities;
- Be sensitive to schedules of working women and make adjustments to their needs.