Women’s League Convention 2017
A Bold New Outlook
July 23-26, 2017
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway
Early bird deadline for registration: May 15
Once again Women’s League will be producing an online, all virtual journal in conjunction with its Convention. It will be played many times during Convention and can be viewed online for months afterwards. We hope that you will help support Women’s League, honor its current and new leaders, and celebrate its upcoming Centennial with an ad in the journal. Please click here to help Women’s League continue to be the network for all Conservative Jewish women!
- Celebrating the Women’s League Centennial
- Installation of new officers
- Jewels in the Crown luncheon honoring our sisterhoods
- Culmination of the Eikhah Project. Download study material here. Register to study with Dr. Anne Lapidus Lerner on March 23.
- Traditional and alternative women-led services
- Study with JTS Chancellor Dr. Arnold Eisen and Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson, Dean, Ziegler School & Zecharias Frankel College
- Judaica/Crafts Fair on Sunday. Vendors can register here.
- Study track
- Special sessions for sisterhood and region presidents
- The Sisterhood Toolbox
- Torah Fund Luncheon: Ma Tovu — How good it is to celebrate 75 years!
- Personal enrichment
- Books and authors
- Creative Jewish Arts studio
For the past several conventions we have been immensely proud of our social action projects designed to help local communities. With Convention 2017, we are starting a particularly fitting project that hopefully will continue long past July. Called Mathilde’s Mentionables, in honor of our founder Mathilde Schechter, we will collect new and gently used undergarments for women in need.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – Free airport shuttle service to hotel (Shuttle Phone: 703.920.3230)
- Washington Dulles International Airport – Washington Flyer ($45 one way, reservation required), Estimated taxi fare: $45
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – Super Shuttle ($51, reservation required), Estimated taxi fare: $90
- The Crystal City station (Blue & Yellow Lines) is at the hotel.
Women’s League Convention delegates are invited to join the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs for their Shabbaton immediately preceding convention and the Cantors Concert Saturday evening. For information and to register, click here.